Those amusing home - school diary comments


Today's comment:

'Ana has been having some 'little' (read that as nuclear reactions) temper tantrums and arguments with us about particular toys she wants to play with (before her work is done).

She also keeps tripping herself up on purpose and walking around on her knees in class. I have spoken to her several times and tried to explain why this is not appropriate or safe.

Is she like this at home?'



My reply:


'Oh goodness, yes!


It drives us to distraction. Until now we thought that this was an activity reserved for home.

As yet we haven't come across and effective way to stop the behaviour without causing it to escalate. I have also tried to explain that flopping around the house like a fish out of water and scooting around the house on her knees is not safe at the best of times nor an effective form of transportation.

Any attempt to talk to Ana about the above is met by her sliding off the sofa onto the floor.

This has only started recently and at first I put it down to the poor weather and increased boredom. But now I believe we may be deep within the throws of teenage tantrums.'


Honestly some days I only have to open my mouth to speak to Ana and she goes silly!

0 comments: